About this episode:
In the story "The Lady or the Tiger," Frank Stockton weaves themes of barbarism vs. civilization, justice, power, and human nature. The story culminates in a choice that brings all those themes together.
The princess falls in love with someone below her station. As soon as her father finds out, he has her lover thrown in jail and prepares for justice to be served. He'll either be dinner for a tiger or marry a lady chosen by the king (NOT the princess.)
The princess finds out what's behind each door and directs her lover to the door of her choice.
In a minute, we'll be diving into this story that will have you anxiously awaiting the outcome and leave you questioning your own thoughts on barbarism vs. civilization, justice, power, and human nature.
Extend the value of the Saturday Stories podcast and join the
Saturday Stories Club™.
When you join the Saturday Stories Club™, you'll get:
- A full copy of each week's story.
- A listening guide with room for your notes.
- Five reading comprehension questions to test your listening skills.
- Suggested vocabulary with space to add your own words.
- A suggested writing technique to practice with space for notes.
- PLUS, you'll be the first to know about live streams and webinars to help you take your writing to the next level.